Learn To Letter – Calligraphy Brush Class (with supplies to bring home!)
- This event has passed.
Get all the tips, tricks and tools to create beautiful print & script Brush Letters in this 3 hour workshop with Alissa of Feist & Flourish Modern Calligraphy.
I’m smitten with Brush-Lettering and I want you to be, too! My Learn to Letter workshops are a fun and relaxed way to begin your lettering journey and continue it with confidence.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- 3 different Brush Pens to keep
- An 11-page booklet with a supply list, practice drills, and exemplars for Print and Script Alphabets in both upper and lower case
- Specialized papers to get you started on your lettering journey
- Republica coffee provided by West Coast Gardens
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What makes Brush-Lettering so special
- The differences between Calligraphy, Modern Calligraphy & Brush-Lettering
- All of the tools of trade, including my favourite brush pens and papers, all in a handy supply list
- Tips and tricks for holding the brush pen, making marks and forming the foundational shapes of letters
- Extensive instruction on forming letters
- A Print Alphabet, with lower and uppercase letters
- A Script Alphabet, with lower and uppercase letters
- Tricks for joining letters, writing words, phrases, sentences and longer passages of text
- An intro to compostion of finished pieces
- A brief overview of watercolour lettering and writing on a variety of surfaces, including signs and chalkboards
- All of your questions answered
Due to the nature of the services provided, no refunds will be given. Tickets are transferable until June 7th at 6PM. If you need to transfer your tickets to another individual, please email Alissa as soon as possible: firstname.lastname@example.org