Learn to Letter : A Beginner Brush-Lettering Workshop
- This event has passed.
A little bit about Alissa: As the creative behind Feist & Flourish Modern Calligraphy and the author of Fearless Flourishing, Alissa is smitten with Brush-Lettering and delights in introducing others to her craft. With 11 years teaching experience as a professional Educator, these workshops combine her love of teaching with her love of Modern Calligraphy, and are the highlight of her creative business. To see more of her work, follow along on Instagram (www.instagram.com/feistandflourish) or Facebook (www.facebook.com/feistandflourish).
Get all the tips, tricks and tools to create beautiful print & script Brush Letters in this 3 hour workshop with Alissa of Feist & Flourish Modern Calligraphy.
What you’ll get:
- 3 different Brush Pens
- A workbook with supply list, practice drills, and exemplars for Print and Script Alphabets in both upper and lower case
- Specialized papers to get you started on your lettering journey
- Republica coffee or a cup of tea provided by West Coast Gardens
What we’ll cover:
- An intro to Brush-Lettering, including the differences between Calligraphy, Modern Calligraphy & Brush-Lettering
- All of the tools of trade, including my favourite brush pens and papers, in a handy supply list
- Tips and tricks for holding the brush pen, making marks and forming the foundational shapes of letters
- Extensive instruction on forming letters
- A Print Alphabet, with lower and uppercase letters
- A Script Alphabet, with lower and uppercase letters
- An intro to writing full-words & phrases
- An intro to composition of finished pieces
Refund policy: Due to the nature of the services provided, no refunds will be given. Tickets are transferable and it is suggested you find someone to take your place, if needed. All ticketing is handled by West Coast Gardens; If you need to transfer your tickets to another individual, please contact the store.