Fearless Flourishing: A Level-Two Brush-Lettering Workshop
- This event has passed.
Take your lettering to the next level with beautiful, stylish flourishes in this three-hour workshop with Alissa of Feist & Flourish Modern Calligraphy.
You’ve mastered every letter, from capital A to lowercase z. Now you want your hand-drawn projects to have the ornate and extravagant look that is only achieved through flourishing. Flourishing is a wonderful way to develop a personal style and make your hand-lettering stand out. This step-by-step workshop provides all the tools you need to flourish with confidence!
*Please note that this is not a beginner workshop.It is strongly suggested that you take my Learn to Letter beginner workshop or have some knowledge of brush pen lettering (using brush pens, basic shapes, forming and joining letters, composing finished pieces) before taking this workshop.
What you’ll get:
- My book: Fearless Flourishing: A Step-By-Step Workbook for Embellishing Your Lettering With Swirls, Swoops, Swashes And More (retail value: $17.29)
- 2 different Brush Pens
- 12 worksheets featuring a variety of flourishes, including fully-flourished lowercase and uppercase alphabets
- Specialized papers to get you started on your lettering journey
- Republica coffee provided by West Coast Gardens
What we’ll cover:
- An overview of flourishing, including my favourite tips and tricks for achieving the best results
- Tips and tricks for holding the brush pen, making marks and forming the foundational shapes of flourishes
- Extensive instruction on forming flourishes – both standalone flourishes and those that connect to letters
- A fully-flourished Script Alphabet, with lower and uppercase letters
- An intro to composition of finished pieces
- An intro to other embellishments, including frames, serifs and botanical elements.
As the creative behind Feist & Flourish Modern Calligraphy and the author of ‘Fearless Flourishing’, Alissa is smitten with Brush-Lettering and delights in introducing others to her craft. With 11 years teaching experience as a professional Educator, these workshops combine her love of teaching with her love of Modern Calligraphy, and are the highlight of her creative business.
Refund policy:Due to the nature of the services provided, no refunds will be given. Tickets are transferable and it is suggested you find someone to take your place if needed. If you need to transfer your tickets to another individual, please email Alissa as soon as possible:email@example.com