Seasonal Full-Time Plant Designer (November & December)
Posting closes November 15, 2020
At West Coast Gardens, we are hiring for our Christmas season and have several positions available for OUTDOOR GREENS /FLORAL PLANTERS for our Retail store including Designers and General Help.
Located in South Surrey, we are a destination garden centre / nursery growing and selling beautiful plants and planters. If you are a designer with a floral background who enjoys a creative and fast paced work environment, then this job is for you.
This position is a 40 hours per week position for our November and December Christmas season with the possibility to continue employment into our busy spring season. You must be able to work occasional weekends. Hours of works are 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Reporting to the Lead Designer for Outdoor Greens Planters, the Assistant Designer responsibilities include:
- Create planters, using pre-agreed templates with Christmas Greens and accessories
- Gather product and follow design concepts for containers
- Keep the retail store stocked with Planters for sale in-store
- Ensure the Outdoor Planter and Custom Design area is clean, tidy and well-stocked
- Ensure plants are healthy and well cared for
- Be available to provide assistance and knowledge to customers of outdoor plants and planters for various situations (sunny, windy decks, shade, light levels, etc.)
- Floral designs with a portfolio of work that demonstrates your hands-on capabilities
- Floral certification an asset
- Retail background an asset
- Ability to work quickly in support of multiple initiatives
- Ability to stand all day in a cooler work environment
- Ability to perform repetitive work creating planters
- A great team player
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and be able to carry 10 – 15 pounds
- Compensation depends on experience
- This position may evolve into a full-time (40 hours a week) position
Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.