Posting closes January 31, 2021
West Coast Gardens – Marketing Leader
West Coast Gardens is a fast-growing, family-owned, garden centre/nursery located in South Surrey. We grow our own plants in our extensive greenhouses, have a nationwide wholesale division, and a thriving retail garden centre that also sells online. Currently, our retail division only serves the BC lower mainland area but we will start shipping Canada-Wide Spring 2021!
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and experienced marketing professional to LEAD our marketing team! We are only getting larger, and with the roll-out of our Canada-Wide program, we need someone ready to lead us into new directions.
This is a full-time, in-house, permanent position in Surrey BC. Currently, we are NOT looking to sponsor employees from the USA or from overseas.
Highlights of the team leader we are looking for:
- Ready to enhance our brand experience and take it to the next level. Someone with their finger on the pulse of the newest trends in plants and gardening, but also willing to be a trendsetter.
- Excellent at working and coordinating with our other amazing team leads within the company, including our wholesale division. This means fantastic communication skills and teamwork!
- Experienced in leading marketing teams and taking initiative.
- Vibrant, energetic, creative and ready to work in a fast-paced environment with a great team. Totally gets our brand.
- Coordinating a ‘brick and mortar’ business with an online e-commerce program in a way that ensures a seamless experience for customers.
- Can draw the big picture but is also willing to ‘get their hands dirty’ and loves plants as much as we do.
- Translating digital metrics and reports into actionable marketing plans.
- Develop and implement yearly, monthly and weekly marketing strategies that align with the goals of our retail and wholesale divisions.
- Lead the marketing team to implement these strategies and tactics.
- Work with other teams and employees to align the brand experience in-store and online. Has a great eye for Merchandising both physical and visual
- Develop marketing project proposals including budget requests, ROI predictions, and overall plans.
- Track and measure outcomes from marketing strategies such as digital metrics, customer response, retention, social media etc. Translate this info to the rest of the staff, admin and management.
- Develop and implement digital campaigns for ads, social media, etc. to increase web and in-store traffic.
- Research and stay up-to-date on market opportunities and trends.
- Create daily social media content for Instagram and Facebook stories in-store.
Experienced Required (or similar)
- 3-5 years of retail marketing experience with proven results.
- Planning and implementing social media strategies
- Leading a marketing or other team
- Design, decor and high-end retail experience
- In-depth knowledge of CRM software and content management systems
- Fluency with SEO/SEM and google analytics
- Experience with Mail Chimp, Tailwind, Woocommerce, Microsoft Teams or related software
- Has a diverse portfolio demonstrating hands-on capabilities across a range of marketing strategies and tactics
- Photography and video skills an asset
Take a look at our social media channels to get an idea of what we do and who we are!
We offer competitive compensation and a supportive team environment. You must have reliable transportation as there are no transit services to our South Surrey location.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
West Coast Gardens
1420 172nd Street