Full and Part-Time Cashiers – A Great Opportunity For University Students
Posting closes March 15, 2019
Full and Part-Time Cashiers Wanted – A Great Opportunity For University Students
At West Coast Gardens, we are thinking about our spring season and reaching out to all of those looking for a cashier position for our retail store.
Located in South Surrey, we are a busy destination garden centre / nursery growing and selling beautiful plants and home decor.
We have part-time (30 hours a week) positions available immediately and additional full-time positions (40 hours a week) available for April through August. You must be able to work weekends.
Reporting to the Lead Cashier, your responsibilities will include:
- Processing customer sales at the cash register
- Keeping the front end of the store clean, neat, tidy and safe
- Assist in store opening and closing activities
- Assist in plant care (watering and dead-heading) to ensure plants are healthy
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Be able to work at a fast pace
- Be computer and Point-Of-Sale savvy
- Have previous cashier experience preferably in a retail environment
- Willing to be outside in any weather
- Knowledge of plants an asset
- A great team player
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and be able to carry 10 – 15 pounds repeatedly through the length of the garden centre
- Ability to be on your feet for 6 – 8 hours a day
- Compensation will be $14.00/hour
Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.