Assistant Designer for Outdoor Planters
Posting closes March 31, 2019
Assistant Designer for Outdoor Planters – The Studio
At West Coast Gardens, we are thinking about our spring season and reaching out to all of those looking for a position for an assistant designer for outdoor planters for our retail store.
Located in South Surrey, we are a destination garden centre / nursery growing and selling beautiful plants and planters. If you are an experienced designer with a floral background who enjoys a creative and fast paced work environment, then this job is for you.
This position is a 30 hours a week position with requirements to put in additional hours during our busy spring and Christmas seasons. You must be able to work weekends.
Reporting to the Lead Designer for Outdoor Planters, the Assistant Designer responsibilities include:
- Assist Lead Designer in creating planters, using annuals and perennials
- Gather product and follow design concepts for containers, hanging baskets and customer orders
- Keep the retail store stocked with Planters for sale in-store
- Ensure the Outdoor Planter and Custom Design area is clean, tidy and well-stocked
- Ensure plants are healthy and well cared for
- Be available to provide assistance and knowledge to customers of outdoor plants and planters for various situations (sunny, windy decks, shade, light levels, etc.)
- Work with Home Décor Team to produce planters for display patios
- Ensure the delivery of outstanding service to customers
- Keep current in trends/plants in order to maintain up-to-date planter designs and be a source of knowledge about new trends/plants to staff & customers
- Plan and lead 2 – 4 gardening events/workshops/demonstrations per year
- Lead special group events and our Studio drop-in program
- Minimum of 2 years working with floral designs with a portfolio of work that demonstrates your hands-on capabilities
- Knowledge of plants including annuals, tropicals and perennials
- Retail background an asset
- Ability to work quickly in support of multiple initiatives
- A great team player
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and be able to carry 10 – 15 pounds repeatedly through the length of the garden centre
- Compensation will be in the range of $14.00 – $16.00/hour based on experience
- This position may evolve into a full-time (40 hours a week) position with benefits
Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.